Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dare # 20

Here she is and we think she ROCKS our guest for this Dutch Dare ........ Dawn Inskip

I have been following the work of these girls since the beginning and joining in as and when my time allowed… this group of Darers are the best – always coming up with something ‘off-the-wall’, unique and refreshing and I love them for it, they never fail to inspire me.

So, I was honoured/touched/over-the-moon when they asked me to provide you with some inspiration and a challenge for this weeks’ Dare… I’m British, I love music – and one of my favourite artists is Elton John… a real showman, unique (and yeah, sometimes a drama queen LOL). A favourite track is “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” … and that’s my challenge – use the lyrics of this track to inspire a layout – anyhow you please – your imagination is the only limit… have fun… here’s the lyrics:

Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Music by Elton John, Lyrics by Bernie Taupin)

I can't light no more of your darkness
All my pictures seem to fade to black and white
I'm growing tired and time stands still before me
Frozen here on the ladder of my life

Too late to save myself from falling
I took a chance and changed your way of life
But you misread my meaning when I met you
Closed the door and left me blinded by the light

Don't let the sun go down on me
Although I search myself, it's always someone else I see
I'd just allow a fragment of your life to wander free
But losing everything is like the sun going down on me

I can't find, oh the right romantic line
But see me once and see the way I feel
Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm
But these cuts I have they need love to help them heal

Uiteraard kan je opnieuw meedingen naar een RAK. Laat je layout of project zien via deze LINK op 2Peas . Graag zien we het ook in een gallerij bij MemoryLane dutchdares@memorylanescrapbooking.net.

If you want to play along for a RAK, be sure that we can find your project by leaving a comment here on the blog or via this LINK on 2Peas. You can also send your project by email to dutchdares@memorylanescrapbooking.net. All the dares will then be placed in a special gallery on the Memory Lane website.

Dawn



Angelique



Danielle



Mandy


Mirjam


There's a change in uploading our projects! We want trigger you a little bit more so.... This week all the takes on the dare will be shown and next week each member of the team will give you a little inside information on their project. So if you're interested come on and visit us again!

4 comments:

Mirjam said...

Wow!! Great lay outs!!

Charlotte said...

Love your layouts girls!

Anonymous said...

I'm so honoured you asked me - thanks so much - your LOs are as inspiring as ever - love and see you all soon :D

Monique Helfrich said...

WOW, Dawn... great Dare!!! And girls I love all your layouts and your Dutch Dares! I'm so behind and set myself the goal to finish all the DD's that I missed next 3 weeks!!!